Saturday, March 26, 2011

Fabric and Me

A match made in Heaven.
I wrote this as a "Comment" on one of my postings instead of posting it directly as a blog, so I will repeat it here:
When I was in Junior High School and High School, the Macy's store in New York City was a mecca for fabric.  Half of the 6th floor was FILLED with fabric.  I used to spend hours there reveling in the prints and textures and colors.  I remember being particularly attracted to striped "wallpaper" patterns.   There was so much beauty I would be filled with excitement.
I remember only one ugly fabric.  It was a sickly pale yellow with huge life-size grey telephones all over it. It was there so long it was dusty.
Macy's no longer has this fabric department.  What a shame.  I wish I could go back.....

No comments:

Post a Comment